Clearing homing status manually

General discussion of using Roboclaw motor controllers
akash

Clearing homing status manually

Postby akash » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:09 am

Hello,
I am using Roboclaw 2x7A model for controlling single DC motor in position controlled mode. I am using S4 and S5 for motor home in user modes. Motor 1 user homing is working perfectly but for S5 I just need to use it as pin used for detecting high to low pulse and I am not connecting any motor on channel 2 since I am not using DC motor in my application for second axis control. So Whenever homing is done on second channel I do get homing status active but I am not able to clear it since I dont have motor connected on that channel to move it forward or backward.So How to manually clear homing status ? I also tried resetting pin functions on the fly and write them to EEPROM but after that my drive stops responding and I get Serial IO exception error and my application fails. Kindly help me solving this problem.

Basicmicro Support

Re: Clearing homing status manually

Postby Basicmicro Support » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:43 am

Even fi you dont have a motor on the second channel you can send a command to "move" the motor. The homing signal will clear if you move the motor channel forward and release the signal input.

Return to “General Discussion”