I am using a switched mode power supply (24V supply @ 3.5 amps) to drive a small 24V motor (peak load observed is around 1.2 amps). Per the documentation I have put in a voltage clamp circuit, but I was still controller errors (appearing as Low logic voltage, but in fact power also goes down to 4 V in some cases.
In trying to debug this I am trying to confirm that the voltage clamp is working correctly. It appears that the S4/S5 clamp circuits are not behaving as I expect.
For debugging I have:
1) Hooked motor to m2
2) Connected S4(also tried S5) via a 4K resistor to ground.
3) Set the S4 mode to Voltage Clamp
4) Hooked up logic analyzer
5) On PWM screen used the slider to drive the motor speed up/down
6) I never see S4 switch states (it stays low but has lots of noise ~ 1V)
7) Eventually the controller errors out with a "Low logic voltage" state.
Thanks for your help.